Mosaic Kitchen: kinds, Secrets proper mounting
Apron Mosaic - an excellent alternative the usual tile, glass or stone. Put mosaic in the kitchen is not so difficult, as it seems. mosaic tiles made of the same materials, but due to the miniature size looks much more spectacular. This apron is not only protects the walls from the dirt, water, grease and grime, but also highlights the interior of expressiveness. materials, which make up the mosaic chips, easily washed and pollution masks.
In DIY stores mosaic tiles sold are not separate pieces, and matrices of various sizes. They are made up of tiny pieces of tile, glass or metal, which are called chips. common sizes: 1 × 1 cm to 5 cm × 5. The shape of the pieces are different, but the most popular - square and rectangular. They fit into any decor and easy to install. Plus easily calculate their raskhod.Samokleyka for walls in the kitchen - simple version, It does not require a lot of work and time.
The mosaic tiles specialized points of sale already recorded. There are three ways to connect the fragments:
- Lintel of polymers. To work with such material difficult, because when laying frangible bridges often break off.
- polyurethane mesh. This is the best option. The grid is glued to the back side and performs a reinforcement function.
- Paper. The chips are glued to the paper base face. The paper itself is removed just prior to rubbing.
It is important to consider the design of the apron and plan properly interior. Tiles for kitchen Mosaic on the apron is different. There are ready-made solutions, which can be used in planning:
- mix - part mosaic of color, but identical in shape;
- gradient - chips are laid out in sequence from light to deep shades of the same color;
- panels - the tiles on the grid or in the form of paper picked up image or ornament.
From a variety of colors and effects directly related and material costs. From inexpensive options - single-color sets and mixes neutral tones. Production of decorated mosaic tiles saturated color with costly additives, so the price of such products is much vyshe.Takimi tiles decorate not only the walls, but sex (mosaic floors).
Pros and cons of the apron of the mosaic
design,operating properties, the advantages and disadvantages are directly dependent on the materials used. Apron of mosaic pieces has practicality and aesthetics, which is manifested in such characteristics:
- It falls easily even on curved or semicircular surface;
- It is not affected by the negative impact of direct sunlight, It does not burn and does not fade;
- easily transfers frequent washing and cleaning;
- It gives the room an expressiveness and originality.
Mosaic tiles made of ceramics
Ceramic mosaic is no different from the usual large size tiles. Size - the only difference between them. The rest of their characteristics are the same: they are resistant to wear, Indifferent to elevated humidity and temperature fluctuations, durability and strength.
ceramic tiling mosaics Kitchen looks richer and more colorful, than usual, creating the effect of a unique handmade. Texture diverse:rough, polumatovaya, with imitation stones, artificially aged. Of the drawbacks - high costs (at 2-2,5 times more expensive large-format analogue) and a large number of stitches (It needs a lot of grout).
Mosaic tiles made of glass
Particularly popular glass mosaic tiles. She is the mistress's liking thanks:
- attractive view;
- simplicity and undemanding to care;
- democratic value;
- long life.
glass mosaic manufactured by firing at high temperatures Technology. Embodiments of glass mosaics:
- homogeneous glass (and it looks like candy or pieces of glass polished by the ocean), it is often added decorative fillers - minerals or sequins.
- Smalt - baked at high temperature weight of colored glass and metal oxides. Main characteristics - strength, durability, saturated color, the glow from the inside. Each piece seems unique glazes and created by hand, because the two identical fragments not found.
- Glass with minerals. In the manufacturing process of the glass mass is added minerals. The finished mosaic resembles jewels and sparkling soft lilt. In value it the most expensive.
Glass mosaic for kitchen on an apron It requires a well-matched adhesive and grout. The glue should only be white, mixture of grout best - epoxy greyish.
Mosaic tiles made of stone
Stone mosaic tile - expensive material, who can afford not all. Apron from stone mosaic - it strength and durability. But if the stones are porous surface, they are treated with preservative.
This mixture fills all the pores, and care for stone mosaic becomes prosche.Fragmenty mosaic tiles made of stone can be carefully polished or slightly rough surface. On sale is a stone mosaic tiles with embossed pattern and strukturoy.Kuhnya with a mosaic of stone - a luxuriously, natural and refined.
Mosaic tiles of granite
Porcelain tiles - durable, durable and affordable material. Unlike stone, stoneware mosaic tile is not as porous, and this facilitates maintenance. Compared with ceramic mosaics this kind is considerably inferior in terms of design.
Mosaic tiles Metal
Mosaic in the kitchen of metal looks good in modern kitchens hi-tech style. Apron made of metal is combined with chrome kitchen appliances.
Metal mosaic tile consists of two layers: first - plastic or ceramics, second - stainless steel or bronze. Apron metal has a pleasant golden or silvery luster and tone. The metal coating is considered to be durable and reliable, but over the years it still wears.
Mosaic tiles of the mirrors
This is an interesting solution, but such a coating requires frequent and careful maintenance. In terms of durability mirror mosaic tiles confidently occupies a middle position.
Making kitchen with an apron of the mirror chip looks unusual and extravagant. Sales have tinted mirror mosaic rectangular or square shape.
Mounting apron mosaic
Putting a simple mosaic tiles, but first necessary to prepare the surface. wall, intended for finishing mosaics, carefully cleaned of old coatings, align finishing putty white and primed. Plastered with a grid - a prerequisite. Surface should be completely dry (so after waiting for the preparatory work for at least 1,5 of the week).
On the exact layout depends directly on the accuracy and the future appearance fartuka.Kak laying mosaic tiles? Mosaic tiles based on a paper or a special grid are laid on a flat surface. Putting a mosaic on the grid is easiest.
The finished layout with accuracy is transferred to the wall, pencil spacing centimeters and millimeters. Of the tools needed:
- building level;
Glue is diluted in accordance with the instruction to puree state. Adhesive for glass mosaic must be pure white. It is convenient to use a special drill with a mixer. Better volume was divided equally and first dissolve one part, use it, and then raise another. The fact, that cured, the material can not be diluted with liquid, and dries it bystro.Klast tile on drywall need to quickly. On sale is a self-adhesive and apron for the kitchen, in this case the adhesive is not required.
To put an apron on the kitchen mosaic, followed by the following scheme:
- On a wall surface applied with the adhesive using a smooth spatula midsize.
- Spatula with teeth leveled deposited mixture.
- Mosaic laid out on kitchen wall in accordance with the markings and fixed, spatula gently tapping rubber. It is not necessary to press strongly: If the adhesive is squeezed out of the joints, so, We need to flatten the adhesive trowel with small teeth. The reason may be the uneven surface of the tile to the drywall steny.Prikleit just, since there is a smooth surface.
- If necessary, mosaic tiles trimmed or pruned.
- It is necessary to count time, indicated on the packaging glue, to the mosaic well entrenched. Then seams triturated special epoxy mixture.
Design tips will help determine the type and shade finishes. Then the mosaic in the interior of the kitchen will be the finishing touch, which will give the room a finished look and expressive.